Monday, January 3, 2011

FICTION : The Sweetest Thing I did for Someone This Year was to Bewitch an Ex Girlfriend

I have a friend whose ex girlfriend left him for another man. My friend became miserable for more than two years so I was obliged to accompany him whenever he needed to vent out repeatedly. I would eat ice cream with this friend or sip ice cold banana shake even if this gave me brain freeze.

One day, my friend confessed that he was actually trying to bewitch his ex girlfriend. He admitted that he would light a candle every night and chant Latin words he read from a wizardy website. But he said that his rituals were not working, so, he needed a little help.Knowing that I was a field worker gave my friend ideas that I was actually exposed to different tribal communities. Like many, he thought that I was taught witchcraft in the field as the spirits of the gods were summoned to enter my body. Quite annoyed, I told him that visiting tribal communities did not permit me to master the rituals of the Shamans. Only identified Datu were allowed to administer rituals as well, I explained.

But my friend insisted that I should bewitch his ex girlfriend. He said that he would do anything for me if only I would do what he requested.Shattered by his ignorance, I almost shouted at him as I explained that I did not know how to do any spells. Even coming from a place near Siquijor did not give me the powers to make mystical acts.

But he insisted. He said that if I would do it for him, he would not offer me banana shake ever again. He also said that he would accompany me and witness the rituals for himself so that he would be able to do it on his own, next time.

So I gave in to his request even if I did not know how to bewitch anyone. I researched how to bewitch a person by asking one of my Alburalyo friends. The standard ingredients to prepare for a spell were one candle, hairs (from who ever concerned) and a couple of heart shaped rose petals.

The next day, my friend and I stayed in my apartment to do what he requested. I lighted the candle, laid down the petals and asked for his ex girlfriends hair from him. He smiled and gave me his ex girlfriend's used handky, instead. I decided that the handky would perhaps subsititute for the hair since his ex girlfriend's DNA would be present in it, anyway.

I was ready to do the stupidest and yet sweetest thing for my friend.

Finally, I asked him to express what he really wanted to happen to his ex girlfriend. With eyes tensed close, he recited with conviction, 'I wish my ex girlfriend would never visit my mind again because I'm already happy and contented to be with a friend.'


---

5 comments:

  1. Nice one ^_^ you deserved to won the contest. :) God bless you always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all do halojin. thanks for commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so nice and it touches my heart charot!
    but so nice talaga ate...

    ReplyDelete
  4. ping. daghan kaayu na kilig ani. heheh

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really sweet :)

    ReplyDelete

Show me some love. Leave a message.