Wednesday, May 8, 2013

The Little Boy

Basty is now 12 and has turned out to become a really talented artist. He loves surrealism and cubism but also plays around with cartoons. Here's his latest artwork using acrylic:

Basty's Artwork made of acrylic. photo taken by Gloryrose Dy


basty
this is basty at 6 yrs.old. his favorite superhero is spider man.
he is my wonderful nephew. he is an inspiration.
_______________________________________________________

The Little Boy
by Glorypearl Dy. 2008

he is 8 but he barely answers 
yes or no
he is 8 but he can't seem to read “hello”

finally. One yesterday.

Gameboy!
Gameboy!
he said
for the first time
I hear him say

he is 9 and he barely answers 
yes or no
but he can read a little “hello”

when I gave him the toy
he shouted gameboy

but he whispered in my ear
so clear as if a cheer

“Thank you Aunty”
Thank you for the G-A-M-E-B-O-I
he spells.

he is 10 and his heart is pure like 7
his love reads heaven

-----

here is the video adaptation of this poem

3 comments:

  1. Nice, heart touching bambi..well written, from the heart. soulful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this one jud mimsh and basty looks very cute!

    ReplyDelete

Show me some love. Leave a message.